Terms and conditions of an old mutual property gift cardYour application for and use of the Old Mutual Property gift card will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You agree that these terms and conditions apply to you and, any subsequent gift cardholder, by gift or otherwise.
- We may verify your identity and may decline to issue a gift card if you are unable to present satisfactory proof of your identity (i.e. ID Documentation, Passport, or Drivers’ Licence, and any other FICA requirements where applicable).
- This gift card may only be used in South Africa and will be accepted at the following centres: Gateway Theatre of Shopping (Durban), Cavendish Square (Cape Town), The Zone @ Rosebank (Johannesburg), Vincent Park (East London), Menlyn Park (Pretoria) and Riverside Mall (Nelspruit).
- This gift card may be used to pay for goods and services at suppliers and merchants at the above centres
- An extra fee of R15.00 (fifteen rand) shall be levied per transaction for the usage of the gift card outside of the 6 (six) participating malls. (as listed in clause 3 above).
- No remote redemptions are allowed, such as ordering via mail, telephone or internet.
- The total Rand amount of the purchases will be deducted from the value of the gift card.
- All transaction in excess of the gift card balance will be declined.
- The gift card may not be used for any illegal transactions. It is your responsibility to determine whether a transaction is legal or not.
- Misuse of the gift card may constitute fraud.
- This gift card has an expiry date which is 3 years after the date of issue. The gift card is valid until the last day of the month which is printed on the front of the card (marked expiry date). The expired gift card may not be re-activated.
- Lost or stolen gift cards must be reported to the customer service line 086 111 4093 immediately, together with original receipts of purchase and the gift card number. Lost or stolen gift cards can also be reported at the Shopping Centre’s Information Kiosks (as listed in clause 3 above).
- A re-activation fee will be charged on lost or stolen cards. The re-activation fee is R15 per card.
- A gift card can be loaded with a minimum amount of R50.00 (fifty rand) and maximum amount of R3 500.00 (three thousand five hundred rand).
- VAS Rates will apply for all SMS balance enquiries. To check the balance on your gift card you should SMS the 16 digit card number to 34246. Alternatively you can obtain your balance by calling our “balance enquiry” line 083 918 7700 or by visiting the Information Kiosk at one of the specified centres.
- This gift card may not be refunded or exchanged for cash or credit.
- Purchase authorisation will be declined if these terms and conditions are breached.
- When paying with this gift card, you must sign a transaction receipt of purchase and keep it for your records.
- All original receipts of purchase must be kept by the purchaser or recipient of the gift card and presented when reporting a lost, stolen or damaged gift card.
- The gift card will be stopped as soon as reasonably possible after we are advised, but you will be responsible for all payments made with the gift card prior to notification of the loss and/or theft.
- If monies can’t be recovered in time because of the failure to present the original receipts or gift card number when reporting a lost or stolen gift cards, Old Mutual Property or its duly appointed Agents will not be responsible or liable to pay monies back to the gift cardholder.
- Unauthorised transactions reported by you will be investigated after receipt of an affidavit that you did not authorise the transaction.
- Replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or defaced gift cards will be done at the sole discretion of the Marketing Team at the relevant shopping centre.
- Old Mutual Property and its duly appointed Agents will not be held liable for damage, loss, theft or copying of the gift card or for any malfunctions with respect to the in-store point of sales equipment.
- Old Mutual Property and its duly appointed Agents will not accept responsibility should any tenant decline the gift card as a form of payment.
- The amount registered on the cardholder's gift card will not accrue any interest.
- The gift card can't be used for banking transactions and / or to pay other liabilities.
- To the extent relevant, the purchase and use of this gift card is governed by the standard banking rules and regulations, and shall be deemed to be incorporated herein by reference.
- Exchange and return of merchandise purchased in whole or in part with the gift card, will be governed by the procedures and policies of the merchant and the applicable law. At the time of any exchange or return, you must present both the merchandise receipt and the gift card.
- You may, at any time, terminate this agreement by destroying the card. You will be responsible for any transactions if the gift card is not destroyed correctly and is used.
- You may not vary the terms and conditions as set out above.
- South African law governs these terms and conditions.
FICA CommunicationWhy do we ask for your name and ID?
- The purchase of the Visa Gift Card is considered a financial transaction in terms of the Financial Intelligence Center Act of 2001 (FICA)
- FICA was enacted to combat money laundering
- We are obligated by law to obtain information from you in order for us to successfully complete the gift card purchase process
- Your compliance to FICA is a legal requirement and can be seen as assisting in the combating of crime
- By providing us with this information you are allowing Cavendish Square and its management to fulfill its requirements in terms of FICA legislation
What is required?
- In the case of an individual we require your full names and valid South African ID number or passport number
- In the case of a company we require the company name and company registration number
What will we do with your personal details?
- Your personal details will not be disclosed to any third party unless required in terms of FICA legislation
What if I am not willing to provide these details?
- Unfortunately we will not be able to sell you a Gift Card